Message by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres on Lunar New Year 2021
聯合秘書長安東尼奧·古特雷斯2021年農歷春節致辭
Chun Jie Kuai Le!
春節快樂!
Happy Lunar New Year!
春節快樂!
I send my best wishes to everyone celebrating the Lunar New Year.
新春佳節之際,我向你們致以最熱烈的問候。
This year is the Year of the Ox, the same sign as the year of my birth.
今年是牛年,也是我的本命年。
The ox symbolizes energy, strength and courage. These qualities are what the world needs now.
牛象征著活力、堅強與勇氣。這些品質正是當今世界所急需。
Last year, the COVID-19 pandemic brought great uncertainty and disruption.
去年,新冠疫情帶來了極大的混亂和不確定性。
In 2021, we must stand together to fight the virus, take climate action, and build a strong recovery from the pandemic.
2021年,我們必須眾志成城,應對氣候變化,戰勝疫情。
I thank China, the Chinese people, for your continuous support for multilateralism and the United Nations across all pillar of all work.
我感謝中國和中國人民對多邊主義和聯合國各項工作的一貫支持。
I look forward to our continuing cooperation.
期盼我們繼續合作。
And I send my best wishes to all, for prosperity, health and happiness in the Year of the Ox.
謹祝牛年繁榮昌盛、健康幸福!
Xie Xie!
謝謝!
Thank you.
謝謝!